Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble figuring out how to automaticly sync backup with Mohave from SSD drive in machine to icloud. I would like to have both machines SSD documents and a backup to icloud but how to do this is not apparent. ??

I recently purchased a 2019 MBP replacing a 2011 MBP and am new to iCloud. I seem to be unable to have both document files that I work on on the actual SSD and a backup to iCloud. How do I choose to backup documents to the icloud folder? I should be simple but ???

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 4:27 PM

macOS has no native ability to "back up" to iCloud.

When iCloud Dive is enabled, your iCloud Drive folder is synced to iCloud. System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud drive to ON.

If you enable these extra settings, the Documents and Desktop folders will also sync to iCloud.

Edits, deletions and all file activity in these folders is synced between your Mac and iCloud.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2019 4:27 PM in response to will909

macOS has no native ability to "back up" to iCloud.

When iCloud Dive is enabled, your iCloud Drive folder is synced to iCloud. System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud drive to ON.

If you enable these extra settings, the Documents and Desktop folders will also sync to iCloud.

Edits, deletions and all file activity in these folders is synced between your Mac and iCloud.

Trouble figuring out how to automaticly sync backup with Mohave from SSD drive in machine to icloud. I would like to have both machines SSD documents and a backup to icloud but how to do this is not apparent. ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.