Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not seem to import pictures to photos from my canon camera even though the camera is showing as the source of imports

I can not seem to import pictures from my Canon Camera even though when I go through doing what I have always done, the program shows that it is recognizing my canon camera as a device to import from when I turn the camera on. It just does not pull the pictures from the camera for me to then import. The camera seems to be working fine otherwise. The same thing happens when I try to import from the camera to my lightroom cc program. It seems like something is blocking imports into the computer (MacBook Pro)

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 12:45 PM

It might be some issue with your camera.

Instead of importing to the Photos app try using the Image Capture app in the Applications folder to import the pics to your desktop. From there you can drag them into Photos.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 4, 2019 6:00 AM in response to Torici3Desti1

Have you tried the card reader slot of your MacBook Pro? Or is it a very new model without card reader slot?

You may also check, if the camera is fully charged, try a different cable, or try a different card. Sometimes the card needs reformatting.

Have you changed by any chance the settings in the camera and switched to a different format, perhaps a compressed RAW format?

I can not seem to import pictures to photos from my canon camera even though the camera is showing as the source of imports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.