Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported images show up in "Imports" but not in "Photos"

I am able to import images with no problem from my new Sony Rx100 camera to my MacBook. The images show up under "Imports" in the Photos sidebar. However, they do NOT show up in the main "Photos" pane. Probably related:, when I pull up Photos on my iPhone, the imported images show up in the album "Recents" but not in the main display. MacBook 12" 2017 MacOS 10.14.6

MacBook

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:50 PM

Try to ctrl-click the Photos in Imports, where you are seeing them. In the contextual menu, that will appear click "Show in Moments" (on macOS 10.14) or "Show in All Photos" (on macOS 10.15). The photos may have a very different capture date from what you are expecting,

Is the date correctly set in your new camera?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 2:50 PM in response to JosephInMaine

Try to ctrl-click the Photos in Imports, where you are seeing them. In the contextual menu, that will appear click "Show in Moments" (on macOS 10.14) or "Show in All Photos" (on macOS 10.15). The photos may have a very different capture date from what you are expecting,

Is the date correctly set in your new camera?

Imported images show up in "Imports" but not in "Photos"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.