You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPhone Music with new MacBook Air

I would like to sync my iPhone 8 Plus music with my new MacBook Air without losing my song count and playlists.

In the past when performing the initial syncing of an iphone with a PC etc with iTunes - the PC has always "won" and wiped out the song count etc on the phone. How can this be prevented, to have the phone "win" over the laptop/pc?

thank you

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 12:29 PM

7 replies

Aug 14, 2019 7:15 PM in response to turingtest2

Hello. Well that sort of helped. I can see my music from my iPhone. I can also see my music in my iTunes library on the MacBook. However the two will not sync.

When I choose the option to sync my library with my phone it warns my that the phone will be wiped out and the MacBook library takes priority.

I want the iPhone to take priority. How can I make this happen?

thank you for the help to this point.

Jake

Aug 15, 2019 2:53 AM in response to Aceofclubs37

If you've successfully cloned your iTunes library from your old computer to your new one then you shouldn't see the erase and sync warning. iTunes should be able to sync as if nothing had changed. If you're not able to do that then once you've recovered all of the media that is on the device into the local library, and ideally backed that up, you can erase and sync the device to reload the content to it without losing anything.

tt2

Syncing iPhone Music with new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.