Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closing the bluetooth settings-window causes dropouts

I'm experiencing a very strange problem related to the Bluetooth connectivity on my MBPr mid 2014. I'm getting audio dropouts on my BT headphones (AirPods and Bose QC35 alike). However, I don't get any dropouts as long as I keep the Bluetooth settings-window open (you know, the one with all your devices listed). Closing the window causes instant audio dropouts - it's like pushing a play/pause button, except the media keeps on playing, there just isn't any audio. Opening the window causes the audio to return instantly. Very strange!

The BT units are still connected to the computer, so a BT connection dropout doesn't really occur.

I've tried resetting the BT module without any improvements. I've also tried re-pairing my devices, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 12:01 PM

Booting into safe mode once, and then rebooting and performing a PRAM/NVRAM-reset seem to have solved the issue.

Similar questions

1 reply

Closing the bluetooth settings-window causes dropouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.