Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to put photos into an album but when I drag and drop, the photo does not appear in the selected already-established album

I have a Mac-mini. I want to put photos on this computer into a currently empty album but when I drag and drop, the photo does not ledge in the album but snaps back to its location in the Photos or Moments category. After the 543 photos are placed in the album, I want to prepare a slideshow by date. When the slideshow is prepared, I want to transfer it to an external hard drive.

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 8:17 AM

What steps are you doing to drag the photo? In Photos library view you should be able to drag the photo to the album's icon in the sidebar and release when the little plus sign appears on the photo. That procedure won't work for a smart album, however.

Try selecting the photo(s) in the Photos library and then doing a File/New Album with Selection. That will populate the new album with the photos that you selected.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2019 8:17 AM in response to PCCLC

What steps are you doing to drag the photo? In Photos library view you should be able to drag the photo to the album's icon in the sidebar and release when the little plus sign appears on the photo. That procedure won't work for a smart album, however.

Try selecting the photo(s) in the Photos library and then doing a File/New Album with Selection. That will populate the new album with the photos that you selected.

-- Rich

I want to put photos into an album but when I drag and drop, the photo does not appear in the selected already-established album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.