Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps using cellular data

Hello! I have an issue with my iPhone that is very irritating, that I don’t know how to fix. I have two GB of cellular data a month (I know, not a lot) but I’ve managed it for a while now, I turn a lot of my apps off from using data to save it as much as I can, so I don’t run out in a week. For some reason, even the apps that are turned off use data, including some apps that use a lot, and it’s very frustrating. I download countless songs on Spotify so that I don’t have to stream anything, and I turn off data, but for some reason Spotify is using over a quarter of my data right now, and it’s supposed to be using none! How do I fix this?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 5:29 PM

Spotify is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here. --> App Support

Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201299

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 29, 2019 12:28 PM in response to mgagnon02

I noticed this same problem after I updated to iOS 12.4 ... apps for which I had cellular data turned off are getting through and using cellular data anyway. I normally leave wifi off and use only cell data, so it's obvious to me whether they actually work or not. All of a sudden all of the apps that were supposed to be disabled started working. (To clarify, the settings for them were correct. I would test one, see it getting through with data, then go to Settings > Cellular > look through the list of apps and see that the slider was still in the off position for that app).

Today, I've powered the phone off and back on, and things seem back to the way I would expect. I'll keep an eye on it tho to see if they start magically hitting cell data again.

(to the person who said spotify isn't an apple product that's a bit of a cop-out)

Apps using cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.