Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store

when i try downloading a free game, it lets me use my finger print, says done, then a notification pops up saying "verification required" so i sign in, and then it takes me to "manage payments" and says that my payment failed. why are they trying to charge me for a free app? thankfully i don't have money in my account because i would've been charged. a while ago i noticed when downloading an app, after doing my fingerprint, it says "processing payment." i figured this was just an update from apple and didn't actually mean i was paying to download free apps, but now i'm wondering if they've charged me for every free app I've downloaded since then.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 7:28 PM

No, you won't be charged for apps that are labelled "Free". If you are concerned, you can remove payment method on your account and just have "None" as an option. Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Patricia

1 reply

app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.