Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac pro 13 inch mid 2010 can't upgrade to OS 10.11.6

i check compatibility and it should be good.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

and i have 11.7GB free

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886

However, when i click directly link to OS 10.11.6, i got this message "This version of OS X 10.11 cannot be installed on this computer."

I don't know why. :((

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 12:10 AM

Yes if the App Store recognises that your Mac can upgrade further than El Capitan, you are refused El Capitan.

Your Mac can upgrade to High Sierra, How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

make a full back up of your Mac. Check with the developers of any third party apps you use to see if there are updates

available so the apps will continue to function. Also check with the manufacturers of any printers/ scanners etc to see if there are updated drivers and software so they too will continue to function.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2019 12:10 AM in response to NewbieQues

Yes if the App Store recognises that your Mac can upgrade further than El Capitan, you are refused El Capitan.

Your Mac can upgrade to High Sierra, How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

make a full back up of your Mac. Check with the developers of any third party apps you use to see if there are updates

available so the apps will continue to function. Also check with the manufacturers of any printers/ scanners etc to see if there are updated drivers and software so they too will continue to function.

mac pro 13 inch mid 2010 can't upgrade to OS 10.11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.