Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my primary IMEI number and the digital SIM IMEI number supposed to be the same?

Is my primary IMEI number and the digital SIM IMEI number supposed to be the same? It was brought to my attention by an ATT and Verizon representative that they were to be the same number. On my phone the last 5 numbers are different. When I called Apple to tell them and get some assistance I was told they didn't know what I was talking about and I needed to go into an ATT store and ask them. This is a huge deal for me because I am dealing with identity theft and my Iphone 6s and this XR have been compromised and I've received limited assistance with any of this.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 2:15 PM

Well he had access to the first phone which had ALL of my account info in it. So naturally he was able to get into this one without ever seeing it. All he had to do was get into one email account and bam! Or better yet my ATT online account!! Well I thank you for taking the time to speak to me and help me have a better understanding.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2019 2:15 PM in response to deggie

Well he had access to the first phone which had ALL of my account info in it. So naturally he was able to get into this one without ever seeing it. All he had to do was get into one email account and bam! Or better yet my ATT online account!! Well I thank you for taking the time to speak to me and help me have a better understanding.

Aug 5, 2019 1:14 PM in response to tess245

Your iPhone is a dual-sim phone. One of them is an eSIM which is located within the iPhone while the second SIM is external just like the old phones. Apparently with the iPhone if you are using the two SIMs for two separate networks you will have two different IMEI numbers. There are some other phones, such as the Sony I mentioned, that only uses one IMEI.

Aug 5, 2019 1:45 PM in response to deggie

I was at Walmart inquiring about other services. Go to General then about and under the Primary section it give me the Network, Carrier, IMEI, ICCID and MEID info. and under that is the Digital SIM which provides me with a IMEI number as well. It is identical to the IMEI number under pimary except the last 5 digits. I don't know what jail breaking is. My soon to be X husband I'm knows.....

Is my primary IMEI number and the digital SIM IMEI number supposed to be the same?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.