Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows outlook calender won't sync with icloud

Please help! :-0

I've tried posting a new thread before...

I am not a techie, and do not do "registry" stuff.

There must be a somewhat simple way to get Windows 7, Outlook 2010 Calendar to sync with iCloud.

Everything was fine up to a few days ago.

I have repaired, uninstalled, and reinstalled iCloud a few times.

Whenever I "Open iCloud Settings" from the System Tray, I think I get the control panel.

All I want is the Calendar part, so I deselect "Photos" and "Bookmarks," etc, and select only the one with the Calendar. When I click on "Apply," I get this error message:

Outlook Setup Error

Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding. Learn more...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203796

The link takes me to this page.

iCloud: iCloud Control Panel setup cannot be started

After installing or upgrading to iCloud Control Panel 3.0, iCloud setup cannot complete.

(No date)

No help.

I know others have had this problem, but I have yet to see a simple solution.

Again, please help :-)

THANK YOU!

:-)

Vanessa

In Outlook, my calendar navigation panel used to look like this:

But now looks like this:

The red is what I drew in to indicate the former view.

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 2:05 AM

Hi Vanessa,

Glad to hear that finally all worked out. Sometimes, with IT we need some perseverance to succeed...

I believe that the Categories with its colorscheme is a pure Outlook thing - and will not be transmitted to the iCloud Calendars.

so when u set-up the iCloud calendar sync, these color schemes will not come back to Outlook. But I believe this is the minor hassle.

May I ask you to close out this thread by clicking the "Solved" box you should have in the thread somewhere?

Thank you and farewell.

Matto

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2019 2:05 AM in response to RBMc

Hi Vanessa,

Glad to hear that finally all worked out. Sometimes, with IT we need some perseverance to succeed...

I believe that the Categories with its colorscheme is a pure Outlook thing - and will not be transmitted to the iCloud Calendars.

so when u set-up the iCloud calendar sync, these color schemes will not come back to Outlook. But I believe this is the minor hassle.

May I ask you to close out this thread by clicking the "Solved" box you should have in the thread somewhere?

Thank you and farewell.

Matto

Aug 11, 2019 4:42 AM in response to RBMc

Hi Vanessa

Do u have the latest version of iCloud (7.13)?

Did u launch the iCloud Setup after installing the MS Easyfix?

Other solutions that have already worked for me too were:

• check that the outlook add-on is enabled (Outlook >File >Options> Add-in)
  • sign out and sign in back to iCloud, through the iCloud Control Panel
  • sign out of iCloud Control Panel, uninstall iCloud, restart system, download and reinstall iCloud for windows, restart, start iCloud Control Pannel, login to iCloud, then click on mail sync and "apply"

According to your descriptions and my understanding, there is no reason why this should not work for you.

But lets hope that one of these work for you too.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Matto

Aug 10, 2019 7:07 PM in response to Matto62

Windows 7, Outlook 2010

Well, I finally got around to the "Easy Fix" update, but to no avail.

The program ran very quickly, but nothing has changed, except the color theme of my calendar.

If you see my original post and look at the screenshots you will see how my Outlook Calendar's Navigation panel used to look (with the yellow highlight), and what it is like now (I drew in the little red squares.

I have attached this to show you the approximate place the "Refresh" button used to be, the one that updated the sync between iCloud and Outlook calendars.

Actually, I think it was to the left of "Find a Contact," but on the "Home" tab.

So, if any of you have other ideas, I welcome them :-)

Thank you,

Vanessa

Aug 7, 2019 11:20 PM in response to Matto62

Thank you, Matto,

Someone else has recommended the same "EasyFix."

Whenever I see anything that mentions "Registry" or has "HKEY" in it, I tend to panic.

Going into the bowels of my computer can be risky business for a non-techie, as am I.

Is the "EasyFix" thing automatic, or do I have to do something that could jeopardize my operating system?

Again, thank you!

Vanessa

Aug 7, 2019 11:28 PM in response to RBMc

Hi Vanessa,

the easyfix will modify your registry, indeed, but it does that fully automatically- other than the install clicks, no intervention needed by u. If i remember well, it even creates a restore point for u to roll back if it would fail! But if u want, u can create a restore point yourself prior to launching the fix...

the fix has helped many, so why not u?

Good luck.

Matto

Aug 11, 2019 6:45 PM in response to Matto62

Hi Matto!

Yahoo! Your suggestion worked.

The final step was to "sign out and sign in back to iCloud, through the iCloud Control Panel."

When I did, things were still a bit "wonky," as Outlook didn't seem to know which iCloud calendar to use.

The color theme was changed, and all of appointments lost their assigned Categories. The categories themselves (in the list) were still there, but the were not longer associated with the appointments--that took just a few minutes to set back to the previous usage.

But, the Navigation Panel returned to normal (as in my previous screenshot, with the yellow highlight), and the "Refresh" button is back in place.

So, at least for now, everything seems back to normal.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Vanessa

windows outlook calender won't sync with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.