Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iCloud error #0x80004005 on Windows 7-64bit when setting up sync with Outlook 2010 Pro Plus

I'm not able to sync my Calendar / Tasks / Contacts events using Apple iCloud latest version (7.13.0.14) on Windows 7 pro (Build 7601 – 64bit) using Outlook Pro Plus2010 and I receive the following error:

"Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding."

I do have internet connectivity! Setup stops before even giving me the choice to install ALL or Part of the elements.

I did already try sign out / sign in on iCloud …

I did already completely uninstall iCloud and redownloaded latest version again…

I can enable iDrive, Photos, etc…

Is iCloud broken?

This is an extract of the error report iCloud setup produces (in an email to no recipients):

Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding.

<a href="TS5178">Learn more...</a>.

Error: 0x80004005: Empty CalDAV homeset (600)

Error: 0x80004005: Unexpected HTTP Transport Error!

Unquote

Anyone has any idea how to correct this issue. It seems to me it stopped syncing after the

latest Windows updates (it did work before!)

Thank for anyone with helping hand.

Matto

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 3:50 AM

I downloaded and installed Microsoft Easy Fix 51044 and it is sweet again.

Download is here hhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Similar questions

21 replies

Aug 7, 2019 6:36 AM in response to leon659

Hi Leo,

Do u have the latest version of iCloud (7.13)?

Other solutions that have already worked for me too were:

• check that the outlook add-on is enabled
  • sign out and sign in back to iCloud
  • sign out, uninstall iCloud, restart system, download and reinstall iCloud, restart, login

Cannot help u further, sorry

But lets hope that one of these work for you too.

Good luck

Matto

Aug 7, 2019 4:48 AM in response to Matto62

I have the same problem (Windows 7 Professional and MS Office 2000 Bussiness), but this solution didn't help me.

Error report iCloud say :

Outlook setup error

Has anyone any NEW idea how to correct this issue ?

Thank you for any help

Leo

Aug 8, 2019 1:22 AM in response to leon659

Leo,

If Outlook was syncing before this current problem using iCloud For Windows Control Panel, then (as in my instance with Office 2007 Enterprise and Windows 7 Pro) I would expect the Microsoft Office FixIt to work. I seem to remember that I first repaired the installation of iCloud for Windows, and opened the Control Panel only after having run the FixIt, with restoration of syncing capability.

I you were never able to synch Outlook with iCloud previously, then I wonder if your version of iCloud For Windows is compatible. My version 7.9.0.9 is the latest version still compatible w Outlook 2007.

Somebody more experienced than me may know if there was ever a version of iCloud For Windows compatible with Office 2000.

Aug 8, 2019 2:04 AM in response to Matto62

Hi Matto,

finally I completely uninstalled iCloud and Office 2010 Business from my PC and installed new build Office 2010 Business with all updates and newest version iCloud (7.13). I check outlook add-on - enabled.

Nothing helped !!

Result :

Outlook setup error

I have no idea what to try.

Leo

Apple iCloud error #0x80004005 on Windows 7-64bit when setting up sync with Outlook 2010 Pro Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.