Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chopping / Stuttering Bluetooth Audio in Windows 10

Hi guys. I’m having the most frustrating issue in Windows 10 (Bootcamp). I’ve been using Bluetooth headphones on macOS without issues but when attempting to use them in Windows, they produce continuous audio stuttering, unless I turn off the Magic Mouse and Wireless keyboard.

Windows 10 doesn’t seem to be able to cope with using a wireless keyboard, wireless mouse and a Bluetooth audio device at the same time.

I’ve read that some people recommend enabling Bluetooth collaboration under advanced settings for the WiFi adapter but not only is this option not available to me, but that is not the problem. Disabling the WiFi adapter entirely still does not fix the problem. The problem seems related to the Apple Keyboard and Mouse causing interference, or taking priority, making the Bluetooth audio choppy as a result. I’ve tried various different Bluetooth audio devices and that issue occurs with all of them. They work just fine provided that the keyboard and mouse is switched off.

Some steps I’ve tried to resolve the issue:

1) Remove/add all Bluetooth devices. Issue persists.

2) Remove all Bluetooth devices, restart Windows, add Bluetooth devices. Issue persists.

3) Check for Windows updates. Everything is up to date. Issue persists.

4) Download the latest drivers through the Bootcamp assistant and install/repair Bootcamp drivers on Windows. Issue persists.

My bluetooth devices work just fine, and well together, under macOS. Why can’t I use my Bluetooth headphones or speakers in Windows while the Apple keyboard and mouse is turned on?

Yes, I’m running the latest version of macOS. Yes, Windows 10 Pro is up to date. Yes, all the drivers are up to date. I am at a loss. What is wrong here? Please help me fix this!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 9:53 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 7, 2019 4:02 AM in response to davidventernet

The Broadcom card is a combined BT/WiFi card. The Keyboard/Mouse are BT clients, which use 2.4G band, same as WiFi.

The macOS drivers allow collaboration, for which the corresponding settings are what I posted.

You may want to search for the .73 driver and test it. I use a MM2/MK2 on a 2014 iMac, without any issues.

You should also disallow Windows from turning devices off to save power.

There are many discussions on ASC which show the same behavior and are correctable using these two settings.

Aug 6, 2019 10:47 AM in response to Loner T

2018 iMac 4K

BT: Apple Broadcom Built-In Bluetooth Driver version 6.1.6700.0

Wireless: Broadcom 80211ac Network Adapter Driver Version 7.35.118.83

As stated in OP, I have no issue using the Bluetooth audio devices on macOS. It’s only in Windows where there’s constant skipping / chopping / stuttering unless I turn off the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse.

Aug 6, 2019 7:57 PM in response to Loner T

No. That option is not there. But the issue is not related to the network adapter. Even with Wifi completely disabled, the Bluetooth audio still skips/chops/stutters. The “interference” is caused by the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse. Turning those off fixes the Bluetooth audio playback. But I need those so this is not a solution. This is only an issue in Windows. Everything works well together on macOS so I do not think it’s interference related but rather a Bluetooth driver or device priority issue in Windows.

Aug 7, 2019 8:15 AM in response to Loner T

Same issue with the .73 driver and having Bluetooth Collaboration enabled on the network adapter. Soon as the Apple Keyboard and/or mouse is connected the audio gets choppy. This seems to be a Bluetooth driver issue, not a WiFi driver issue. I’ll see if I can find older Bluetooth drivers but I’m scared to try those because I don’t want the keyboard and mouse to stop working. I don’t have access to a wired keyboard or mouse at the moment.

Chopping / Stuttering Bluetooth Audio in Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.