Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Splitting a clip in Quicktime Player

When I try to edit an mp3 audio track in Quicktime Player (10.4), I advance to the playhead to the oint on the timeline where I want it to split as described here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201066#edit. What am I missing?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 2:12 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 7, 2019 1:19 PM in response to m_charle_28

Hello m_charle_28,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I see that you haven't received an answer to your question. If you are able to provide additional information, then perhaps someone will be able to assist you. Some questions that might be helpful to answer are:

1. What happens when you follow the steps in that resource to split a clip?
  2. If you encounter an error, what does it say?
  3. Is this happening with a specific audio file, or are you able to edit a different audio file?

Cheers!

Aug 7, 2019 4:15 PM in response to CarlAVII

1. What happens when you follow the steps in that resource to split a clip?

I get a file in Quicktime Player that is just the right length. In this case I am trying to cutt a 55 minute long file down to about 4 minutes. Once I've trimmed it to the right length I save it. But it doesn't save the segment I thought I was saving. It adds a few sedoncs. So I am putting the clip on full screen mode to help with accuracy, but I've tried it repeeatedly. The change happens when I go to save the file.

1. If you encounter an error, what does it say? No error message. Just an undesirable result.
  2. Is this happening with a specific audio file, or are you able to edit a different audio file? I haven't tried another file. I need two 4 minute segments from this file.

Splitting a clip in Quicktime Player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.