Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find QuickTime Player Application

I have a Skype video call every week with a coach. All of a sudden she can no longer hear me. I can hear her fine and have tested with other people - and they can hear me fine. I am trying to troubleshoot myself, but can't really find the application. I see it listed in iCloud Applications, but the screen is blank and I can't do anything with it. Can someone please help me?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 9:42 PM

If others can hear you over Skype, then the issue is most likely not on your side.

If it was a one-off, then possibly it may have been about your mic at that time (settings or connection). But I assume you already verified that.

If she doesn’t use Apple devices, then QuickTime plays no part in the issue anyway. QuickTime is not a requirement on other platforms.

People on Skype can not hear me. Why? - Microsoft Support Community

Troubleshooting issues with Skype call quality - Skype Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2019 9:42 PM in response to Traci1

If others can hear you over Skype, then the issue is most likely not on your side.

If it was a one-off, then possibly it may have been about your mic at that time (settings or connection). But I assume you already verified that.

If she doesn’t use Apple devices, then QuickTime plays no part in the issue anyway. QuickTime is not a requirement on other platforms.

People on Skype can not hear me. Why? - Microsoft Support Community

Troubleshooting issues with Skype call quality - Skype Support

Aug 8, 2019 9:19 AM in response to Traci1

While Skype for Mac lists QuickTime as a system requirement, using Skype does not interact directly with the QuickTime Player application.

If the coach uses an iOS device, then remember that each application on iOS has its own volume level, so she may only have to increase the volume and/or disable Mute (Ring/Silent switch).

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Aug 8, 2019 8:22 AM in response to Traci1

If you are using Skype for these video calls, QuickTime is not going to be part of the equation. This sounds like a Skype configuration issue with the setup of your coach, or an incompatibility.

A few questions:

• What device are you using for the calls?
  • What OS version is running on that device?
  • Are you both running the same version of the Skype app?

I've seen incompatibilities with Skype for Business when connecting with plain ol' Skype - and there are some new Windows security features that need to be enabled to allow Skype to use the hardware (if either of you are running Windows).

Can't find QuickTime Player Application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.