Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.14.6 login screen

Hi,

Is there a way to customize the background image of the login screen in Mojave 10.14.6? The workaround that I used up until the 10.14.6 update does not work anymore.

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 9:25 AM

This worked for me. I had already changed my preferred login image to mojave.heic. No joy.

Once I downloaded and installed OnyX, (This is free btw https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html) I went to Paramaters/Login reselected my image and voila!

Hope this helps others.

5 replies

Aug 7, 2019 3:43 PM in response to greenChap

Sorry, I neglected to mention all the information : the replacement file has to be the same dimension as your screen, and in the HEIC format. Mine was already of the correct dimensions, but in the jpeg format. I just double-clicked so that the standard app opened it, and then did an Export. HEIC was one of the choices.

I am not sure if it is at all relevant, but I placed the replacement pic in the same place as the original "Mojave.heic" (Library / Desktop Pictures) file, renamed it "Mojave.heic" before using Onyx. Just replace the file did not work.

10.14.6 login screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.