Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change login screen wallpaper OSX 10.14.6

I did the update to OSX 10.14.6 and my login wallpaper picture was reset back to the Mojave sand dune. I have tried putting my preferred picture in library/desktop picture and renaming it Mojave.heic. I also made sure the resolution of the picture matched the resolution of my display. Then I restarted my MacBook Pro but the sand dune picture was back. How can I change the start screen wallpaper to my preferred picture?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 9:34 AM

5 replies

Aug 10, 2019 9:57 AM in response to greenChap

I found a solution online at this website: https://macreports.com/how-to-change-the-login-screen-background-on-macos-mojave/. Don't use the initial suggested solution. Use the solution offered in the comment section by KING Rexlie on April 3, 2019 at 9:52 PM. I renamed my preferred picture as com.apple.desktop.admin.png and moved it into the Library > Caches and then did a restart. It worked!

change login screen wallpaper OSX 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.