Change Mac (Ventura) lockscreen wallpaper

I would like to be able to change my lockscreen/login wallpaper. All the articles I have read indicate there should be a folder in called "desktop pictures" under/Library/Caches. However, I do not have such a folder and thus am stuck.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 4:18 PM

shekala wrote:

I would like to be able to change my lockscreen/login wallpaper. All the articles I have read indicate there should be a folder in called "desktop pictures" under/Library/Caches. However, I do not have such a folder and thus am stuck.
Any suggestions?

Sounds like mis-information

Lock screen is Control Command Q

You can Control click directly on the Desktop

ref:

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

if you are trying to get the login wall paper the same as your chosen user account wall paper—

Ventura default is the new macOS Ventura background when you restart the machine…

You can make the Login wall paper the same as your User account wall paper, if the following condition are met

verify:

• No FileVault turned on
  • No guest user or additional user accounts
  • Must be “List of user” in System Settings> Lock Screen

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2023 4:18 PM in response to shekala

shekala wrote:

Any suggestions?

Sounds like mis-information

Lock screen is Control Command Q

You can Control click directly on the Desktop

ref:

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

if you are trying to get the login wall paper the same as your chosen user account wall paper—

Ventura default is the new macOS Ventura background when you restart the machine…

You can make the Login wall paper the same as your User account wall paper, if the following condition are met

verify:

• No FileVault turned on
  • No guest user or additional user accounts
  • Must be “List of user” in System Settings> Lock Screen

Change Mac (Ventura) lockscreen wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.