Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud drive "empty" in files app - not syncing

I made reset of my iPhone SE today, and after the reset, the iCloud drive folder in the Files app looks empty and doesn't sync. When browsing files at my Computer, at iCloud.com as well as on iOS on my iPad, i can access my iCloud files. But not on the phone. If i create a new folder on the phone, it says "Waiting for upload", but nothing more happens.

Other things in iCloud such as contacts, notes, calandar etc are syncing fine.

Thing i tested so far are:

• Making sure I use the same account in all devices. And all devices also report the same amount of free space.
  • Connect through wi-fi
  • Connect through cellular data
  • Turn airplane mode on/off
  • Restart files app
  • Re-install files app
  • Restart iPhone
  • Sign off / Sign in to iCloud on iPhone
  • iOS update to 12.4

The problem remains. What could cause it and how do i solve it?

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 12:59 PM

Thanks Jameson.h and Eric Root for the help.

I tried everything i wrote in the first post yesterday, I forgot to mention that, but of course I also checked several times that iCloud drive was toggles on (I also turned it off and on several time). Nothing helped yesterday. Today the problem solved by itself. I guess that i was something i the fresh install that was downloading and "queued" iCloud sync.

It looked like this when the problem was active (the folder you see are made on the phone).

Thanks again for your help!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2019 12:59 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Jameson.h and Eric Root for the help.

I tried everything i wrote in the first post yesterday, I forgot to mention that, but of course I also checked several times that iCloud drive was toggles on (I also turned it off and on several time). Nothing helped yesterday. Today the problem solved by itself. I guess that i was something i the fresh install that was downloading and "queued" iCloud sync.

It looked like this when the problem was active (the folder you see are made on the phone).

Thanks again for your help!

Aug 8, 2019 9:54 AM in response to Holger002

Hello Holger002,

Thanks for posting! I understand you're not seeing your iCloud Drive files after restoring your iPhone SE, and you've done some great troubleshooting so far to narrow things down.

Knowing that you see your files on iCloud.com and on your other iOS device is helpful.

Just to double-check two points, is iCloud Drive toggled on under Settings > [name] > iCloud? Also, have you tested by connecting to a different Wi-Fi network to see if that makes a difference? These would help to rule out a few other possible causes.

If you find neither of those steps clears things up, that's when I recommend getting in touch with Apple directly: Contact Apple Support

I hope this helps! Take care.

iCloud drive "empty" in files app - not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.