Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Existing apple music subscriber joining an existing family plan

I've been an individual member of apple music for a few years and have a lot of music downloaded to my devices through this plan. My partner also has a plan and wants to switch to a family plan, and put me on it. How can I do this with no impact on my music library? Don't want to cancel and resubscribe under the family plan, unless 100% certain I won't look the data around liked songs, downloaded songs, playlists, etc.

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 5:25 AM

You’ll be fine:

When you join a Family Sharing group that has an Apple Music Family subscription, then your Individual subscription for that same Apple ID get canceled automatically, and will expire at the end of the current billing cycle. The transition will be seamless. You get to keep your iCloud Music library and playlists, as these are tied to your Apple ID. When you have a subscription continuously, even the downloads stay valid over the transition.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2019 5:25 AM in response to katherinekamm

You’ll be fine:

When you join a Family Sharing group that has an Apple Music Family subscription, then your Individual subscription for that same Apple ID get canceled automatically, and will expire at the end of the current billing cycle. The transition will be seamless. You get to keep your iCloud Music library and playlists, as these are tied to your Apple ID. When you have a subscription continuously, even the downloads stay valid over the transition.

Existing apple music subscriber joining an existing family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.