Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play / Pause button not working in AppleTV Netflix app

The play/pause button has stopped working during playback in the Netflix app on my Apple TV. It works on all other apps and it works in the Netflix app when in the menus. Also, it will still play/pause when you click on the trackpad.

I initially noticed this with my Harmony remote, but I'm having the same issue with my original Apple TV remote.

It stopped working in the last few days. I'm not exactly sure when. My Apple TV's software is up-to-date.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 8:27 PM

Just to clarify, you are running TVOS 12.4. Correct?

Try force quitting the app (double tap home button on remote, swipe up)

Try deleting the app (hold down on remote touchpad until icon jiggles, press play/pause button to bring up options, reload from App Store)

If the issue persists then notify Netflix as it is something they will need to look into

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2019 8:27 PM in response to barbja

Just to clarify, you are running TVOS 12.4. Correct?

Try force quitting the app (double tap home button on remote, swipe up)

Try deleting the app (hold down on remote touchpad until icon jiggles, press play/pause button to bring up options, reload from App Store)

If the issue persists then notify Netflix as it is something they will need to look into

Play / Pause button not working in AppleTV Netflix app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.