Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pause button not working on Apple TV 4K

Since a couple of months, the Pause button on my Siri Remote AND in the Apple TV Remote app are suddenly stopped working on the Apple TV 4K. I can only pause video’s by clicking the touchpad, but I CAN resume playing when pressing the Play/Pause button. So only the pause function isn’t working anymore. The light on the Apple TV IS blinking when I press the button.

The only temporary solution is to pull the plug and completely restart the Apple TV, but after a couple of days it stops functioning again. I’ve also retried restoring the Apple TV to factory settings, but that didn’t work.

Because it also occurs when using the Apple TV Remote app, it doesn’t seem to be a hardware issue.

Do more people have this issue and do you guys know any more possible solutions? I also have an Apple TV HD, but it appears it only affects the 4K model. It also applies to all the streaming apps (YouTube, Netflix, Apple TV app, etcetera).

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 8:05 AM

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Pause button not working on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.