Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play/pause button suddenly not working

I have an Apple TV 4K model A2169 running tvOS 15.6

suddenly the play pause button has stopped working on the remote, it also does not work if I use the remote on my iPhone.

I looked up the issue and anything about a play button issue dates back to 2020 and the solution suggested on those posts is to change audio format to stereo this however does not fix the issue for me.

has anyone had this problem or know of a possible solution please?

Apple TV 4K, 15

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 6:48 AM

Try restarting just the remote (TV + Volume Down button combination), so that the remote software can retry freshly.

If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

… dates back to 2020 …

The Apple TV ‘A2169’ and the Siri Remote (2nd generation) were released in May 2021, so that wouldn’t apply. Not the same issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 6:48 AM in response to Shaynepd

Try restarting just the remote (TV + Volume Down button combination), so that the remote software can retry freshly.

If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

… dates back to 2020 …

The Apple TV ‘A2169’ and the Siri Remote (2nd generation) were released in May 2021, so that wouldn’t apply. Not the same issue.

Play/pause button suddenly not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.