Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card invite email

I received an invitation email about getting early access to Apple Card, but every time I tried to apply, an error message always pops up and says "Apple Card Unavailable. Apple Pay services are currently unavailable. Please try again later."

I tried calling Apple support too, but they can't seem to figure our which department to direct my call to, spend most of the time waiting for transfer and the call was disconnected after 15 minutes..

Any one experiencing the same issue trying to apply for the Apple Card? I was really excited to receive the invite, and really bummed that it's not working :(

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 8:53 AM

73 replies

Aug 13, 2019 6:46 PM in response to Slingshot_Kitty

Are any of the people having the issue aol or ex-aol users by anychance? I tried calling support and didn't get an official answer and they are passing on my feedback. But hoping this could help atleast 1 other user lol

So when I follow the instructions in the email, and checking on the computer and the phone...the apple id is all correct in my account everywhere. As a last ditch effort, I tried the apple website to recover my apple ID and it returned the aim.com address instead of the aol.com address.

I am gonna throw a theory out there as I vaguely remember initially signing up for itunes with just the aol screen name...later they forced to use an email. It appears I have a duplicate account from 10+ years ago and/or they are getting crossed up due to similiar info.

Try using the apple id recovery link and see if you get the address you think you should for your account.

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Aug 8, 2019 11:59 AM in response to Novox

yes my phone is the correct iOS version

This is is the screen that automatically loads when I click in through the link on the invitation email:

I have not apply for the Apple Card before. I receive the invite email last night; tried twice and it didn’t work. Tried again this morning around 11am, also did not work. Tried again just now 2:50pm and still the same error message.

also curiously, when I tried to click “Rates and Terms” at the bottom, it also doesn’t load any information.. not sure if that’s relates or not

Aug 8, 2019 11:51 AM in response to Slingshot_Kitty

Are you running 12.4? I ask because I never saw a screen on my phone with that picture on it.

Also, can you tell what the message under the alert says? It even mentions a "Salt Lake City Branch"? Maybe you already applied or were approved?

I would stop and wait an hour and try again. When I was hammering the application process (many attempts), my phone eventually also said what your alert says, then stopped later, so I feel like it's a security mechanism.

Aug 8, 2019 4:22 PM in response to Slingshot_Kitty

I went to the Apple Store for a unrelated issue and thought I'd brought it up and see if they know anything about this.. Turns out within the limited invite emails they send out, there's a quota of how many people can actually apply, ie just because you receive the invitation email doesn't mean you can apply, which is what that error message means..

So case closed I guess.. Since I didn't click on the link and apply right away, I have to wait till September when it actually comes out... Kind of a stupid system in my opinion :(

Aug 9, 2019 12:40 PM in response to Slingshot_Kitty

I used the email associated with my iCloud account. My iTunes ID is from way back when you didn’t use an email but created a user ID. My email goes way back to when Apple Me first came out about a year after the first iPhone. I keep trying the link in my email invitation but nothing yet. Will see what happens when Apple Support calls me again on Monday.

Apple Card invite email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.