Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caps Lock On-Screen Indicator w/ Smart Keyboard

Am I missing something or is there absolutely no caps lock indicator when using the Smart Keyboard (iPad Pro 12.9)? Since there isn’t a physical indicator on the keyboard itself, I would think adding something on either side of the gray suggestion bar would be logical.

However, the only indication of caps lock being on is suggestions being offered in all CAPS. This is problematic because suggestions are not always presented in the bottom bar. Not a huge deal by any means but it seems like a pretty obvious omission with an easy fix. Just seeing if there is some hidden setting that I’ m missing.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 12:46 PM

To my knowledge the only way to know you've got caps lock on is you will be typing in all caps.

There are many other alternative keyboards, which do have more features, such as a caps lock light, iOS shortcut keys and backlit keys. I chose another keyboard because I wanted these features myself.

3 replies

Caps Lock On-Screen Indicator w/ Smart Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.