Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Family Plan

I just got married and me and my wife have our own individual Apple Music subscriptions. We'd like to merge into one family plan, but neither of us want to lose our saved music/playlists/preferences. Is it possible to merge these if one of us upgrades to family and the other cancels their individual membership and joins the other's family plan?

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 1:27 PM

Yes. But don't cancel either plan.

One of you needs to be the Family Organizer, and upgrade their plan to the Family Membership. This cancels the Individual one, but does not affect the playlists and songs.

Once that is done, invite the other person to the Family group. When they accept, their plan will be automatically cancelled. This guarantees that the music and playlists remain intact through the transition.

See here: Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

Cancelling them manually may cause them to be deleted.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2019 1:27 PM in response to kensugi

Yes. But don't cancel either plan.

One of you needs to be the Family Organizer, and upgrade their plan to the Family Membership. This cancels the Individual one, but does not affect the playlists and songs.

Once that is done, invite the other person to the Family group. When they accept, their plan will be automatically cancelled. This guarantees that the music and playlists remain intact through the transition.

See here: Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

Cancelling them manually may cause them to be deleted.

Apple Music Family Plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.