Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Animated maps missing in iMovie

I am trying to add animated maps to my project but the latest version of iMovie on my mac doesn't seem to have it at all. I've deleted and reinstalled the application but it still doesn't come up under backgrounds. I have used iMovie before where the maps worked perfectly fine. I don't know what the issue is now?

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 7:52 AM

Take a look at this thread that solved the problem of missing maps:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250255999?answerId=250542536022#250542536022

It appears that the maps may not be available in all languages. You can try going to your Mac's System Preferences/Language and Region and setting your computer language to English. This has worked for some users. The language change should cure it. If still no luck, try setting the region to United States. Changing the region possibly would interfere with use of the app store or purchasing products like photo books. However, you can always change back your settings.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 7:52 AM in response to rashah

Take a look at this thread that solved the problem of missing maps:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250255999?answerId=250542536022#250542536022

It appears that the maps may not be available in all languages. You can try going to your Mac's System Preferences/Language and Region and setting your computer language to English. This has worked for some users. The language change should cure it. If still no luck, try setting the region to United States. Changing the region possibly would interfere with use of the app store or purchasing products like photo books. However, you can always change back your settings.

-- Rich

Animated maps missing in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.