Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps missing in Background in iMovie 10.1.12

Hi,

I am unable to see maps animation options in the background section in iMovie 10.1.12

I have already tried the following

1. Updating iMovie to the latest version
  2. Deleting iMovie and reinstalling the same
  3. Upgrading of macOS Mohave from 10.14.1 to 10.14.6 (Latest version)
  4. Deleting all preferences by starting iMovie after pressing Option + Command Keys

Screenshot below

Not really sure what I am doing incorrectly. Have been using iMovie since over 2 years and I never really saw the maps option. Problem is now I am creating certain videos where there is a need and after searching all over the internet found out that its an in built iMovie functionality.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

There are some older posts with the same issue in iMovie 10.1.8 and I have already tried all solutions listed there to no avail.

Regards

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 12:20 AM

The maps feature does not work in some regions or with some languages. Go to your system Preferences, Language and Regions. and change your computer language to English. If that doesn’t work change your region to UK or the United States. You can always change them back. The main issue with changing regions is that you may have difficulty using the app store or purchasing products like photo books.

— Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2019 12:20 AM in response to spedieduck

The maps feature does not work in some regions or with some languages. Go to your system Preferences, Language and Regions. and change your computer language to English. If that doesn’t work change your region to UK or the United States. You can always change them back. The main issue with changing regions is that you may have difficulty using the app store or purchasing products like photo books.

— Rich

Maps missing in Background in iMovie 10.1.12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.