Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drummer hip hop won't load all sounds

Hey there,

since update to 10.4.5 and also in 10.4.6 DRUMMER in HIP HOP MODE will load the patch BUT won't play all the instruments of the kit. Depending on which style you are going to use KICK will be missing, SNARE will be missing, and sometimes also HI HAT (also with the arranger at LOUD COMPLEX setup).

Natural drum DRUMMERS will work fine but the HIP HOP ones will have this issue endlessly. I do have of course installed ALL THE SOUND LIBRARY and also RE-INSTALLED the full sound library (more than 70 GB).

Nothing changed. Re-Installing Logic also didn't work. Reverting to 10.4.4 saved me, but it's a pity that the HIP HOP DRUMMER will have now this bug.

The only "specific" configuration I do have is the LIBRARY set on an external hard drive (Logic permits to relocate the library externally).

Working on MacBookPro 15 mid 2015 and latest Mojave version.

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 3:21 AM

It’s a bug introduced in 10.4.5. I had same drum issue with external logic library. If you bring the library back to your internal - which I did (although I guess you may have less internal space) it worked.

Similar questions

12 replies

Aug 11, 2019 3:59 AM in response to Iaamusic

That's exactly what I thought. Unfortunately I can't keep the whole Logic Sound Library on my laptop internal drive, it would be space consuming (just to dodge this bug). I'll stick to 10.4.4 hoping Apple will notice and solve this issue in the next release.

Just one question: have you tried relocating the sound library back in your internal and then back again on your external to see if it may actually solve the issue forever?

Thanks again for your time and help.

Aug 11, 2019 11:16 AM in response to Iaamusic

Thank you still.

Just for the sake of information I tried moving the whole library back on my laptop and then AGAIN on my external hard drive: after that the whole HIP HOP kit worked again!

10.4.4 seems the more reliable version for now, but for any reason if others want to mess with 10.4.6 this procedure did the trick. Thanks a lot still to Iaamusic for the great help and knowledge!

Aug 13, 2019 12:35 AM in response to Pancenter

Yes it does.

The DRUMMER instrument on its standard "rockish" real element sounds works perfectly fine on 10.4.5 and 10.4.6 which externa SOUND LIBRARY. Unfortuantely the HIP HOP does not. I have not tried all the kits, but I had some demos from last year I client asked to resume and that's how I found out it was not anymore reliable.

Reverting to 10.4.4 fixed the problem. I'm going to anyway leave a feed to Apple as Iaamusic

suggested.

drummer hip hop won't load all sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.