Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drummer icon missing from choose track

1. Drummer icon missing from choose track
  2. On start Logic 10.4.8 cannot find sound library but it sees it in use.
  3. Logic Pro x - Sound Library - all greyed out except reinstall sound library.

I have deleted prefs, reinstalled Logic, restarts, can't figure this out. Need help, cheers

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 5:43 AM

This is now a different situation than I originally thought. It is going to be difficult to troubleshoot through this forum as the Logic installation may be in an "unknown" state.

Few things to consider:

Logic's folder structure can change from version to version.

The way Logic handle the Drummer feature changed in a recent version.

Recent versions of Logic now show a Relocate Sound Library command. This introduced a new behavior when Logic detects a missing Library or part of it. It may try to rebuild things on the local drive (And break any SymLink in the way). I say may because the documentation is not clear about that.

I don't know if this is helpful...

WD

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 5:43 AM in response to Dv8ter

This is now a different situation than I originally thought. It is going to be difficult to troubleshoot through this forum as the Logic installation may be in an "unknown" state.

Few things to consider:

Logic's folder structure can change from version to version.

The way Logic handle the Drummer feature changed in a recent version.

Recent versions of Logic now show a Relocate Sound Library command. This introduced a new behavior when Logic detects a missing Library or part of it. It may try to rebuild things on the local drive (And break any SymLink in the way). I say may because the documentation is not clear about that.

I don't know if this is helpful...

WD

Jan 13, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Dv8ter

Apple support:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Do not expect that much BTW.

One approach I can see would be to disconnect the external drive and find a way to let Logic reinstall the Library or part of it on the local drive. Since you seems tech savvy, you can try after to rebuild the links one by one.

Note: No one from Apple here. Only a user to user forum.

Good luck,

WD

Jan 12, 2020 5:39 PM in response to Wilddrums

The Symlinks I did after the stated problems occurred by research in Google & trying any fixes I assumed may solve the issues changing from alias's.

I can use Logic as before but I have to have everything performing as specified. As an engineer in multiple disciplines if something is not correct I have to fix it NOW.

These problems point to missing graphics & associated links & miss-reporting of libraries that are clearly there and controls that are greyed out, I assume because of lost connections.

My dilemma is it's all there, but Logic doesn't know it.

My last Logic update was to the latest version 10.4.8 on 11/01/2020 which worked fine for a few days.

As a complete anorak everything must always work as expected.

DB

Jan 13, 2020 10:32 AM in response to Wilddrums

Thanks for trying WD

Having used Logic for over 20 years I can usually troubleshoot the probs myself. This one has me stumped. Thus reaching out.

I have updated my MacBook Pro with the same version with no problems. My Mac Pro (late 2013) is where this is happening.

How would I pass this to Apple to see if they can supply answers?

(IF APPLE SEE THIS PLEASE HELP)

All the best DB

Jan 13, 2020 1:36 PM in response to Wilddrums

Thanks for the advice :-)

I feel that 1 person with a problem will be overlooked. No surprise there. Apple's rep is slipping into to the abyss.

I have deleted Logic, taken the audio drive off line & reinstalled Logic & re-downloaded the essential sounds & recreated the symlinks as one of my attempts to resolve these issues. The result as you can guess was F*&%$***$£@.

I'm very grateful to you for trying to help & the education enabling me to ask questions that can be understood & less vague. In future I will hopefully be understood without any grief to anyone trying to help.

I'm now following you. (well impressed)

Cheers DB

Drummer icon missing from choose track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.