Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic pro X sound library not available

Hi,

I cannot get options in the menu Logic Pro X -> Sound Library clickable (not greyed out).

The only option available is "Reinstall Sound Library".

Hovering over the other items gives me: "This menu item is disabled because the sound library is currently not available"

I had logic 10.4 installed in january and had moved sound library to an external drive. I later uninstalled logic 10.4 and now installed 10.5. I don't have the external drive anymore.

The following I have tried already:

• Reinstall Sound Library
  • Remove Receipts, Logic Preferences, Garage Band Folder (/Library/Application Support), Logic Folder (/Library/Application Support)
  • Let logic install the essential sounds

Nothing helped so far the sound library manager cannot be opened and everything besides reinstall is greyed out.

Really want to avoid reinstalling the whole machine.

thx

Niko

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 16, 2020 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 11:38 PM

I finally solved the issue. For everyone else running into the same one this is what I have done.

1. Delete Logic and GarageBand folder from "/Library/Application Support" and create symlinks a new external drive.
  2. This somehow made Logic realize it had relocated a library in the past and complains about a "wrong" symlink.
  3. Nevertheless this made Logic asking whether it should RESET everything to internal storage.
  4. I clicked reset and installed essential sounds.
  5. After that all options to relocate again were available

Cheers,

Niko

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 11:38 PM in response to nikolai163

I finally solved the issue. For everyone else running into the same one this is what I have done.

1. Delete Logic and GarageBand folder from "/Library/Application Support" and create symlinks a new external drive.
  2. This somehow made Logic realize it had relocated a library in the past and complains about a "wrong" symlink.
  3. Nevertheless this made Logic asking whether it should RESET everything to internal storage.
  4. I clicked reset and installed essential sounds.
  5. After that all options to relocate again were available

Cheers,

Niko

Logic pro X sound library not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.