Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I go to move the Logic Pro sound library to an external drive, the drive is greyed out.

When I go to move the Logic Pro sound library to an external drive, the drive is greyed out.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:27 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Dec 26, 2020 4:08 AM in response to vcfss

What kind of drive is it, how is it formated, how much free space is there?

1. Select the external drive icon in Finder and press Command-I to open its Info window.
  2. Make sure the tabs "General", "More Info" & "Sharing & Permissions" are open, you can close all others tabs for now.
  3. Press Command-Shift-4, your cursor arrow changes to a crosshair pointer with some small numbers (those are the crosshair coordinates on your display, but you can ignore that for now).
  4. Place that cursor over the open Info window and press the Spacebar.
  5. The cursor changes to a camera icon and highlights the Info window.
  6. Click the Info window to make a screenshot of it.
  7. On Catalina, you'll see a small preview of the screenshot in the bottom right corner. Click on it to open the preview, click "Done" to save it to your desktop.
  8. Upload the screenshot to this thread.

Dec 26, 2020 7:40 AM in response to vcfss

The drive is either not formatted correctly or is too full. Verify format. Command-i as previously stated, and tell us what "Format" is set to. Very easy and quick. It must be set to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" or "APFS". Anything else is not usable. The drive would have to be reformatted (all data lost).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.