Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro Sound Library Missing/Cannot be Relocated

While setting up my Sound Library, I've been getting greyed-out menus and error messages all over my face. I've scoured the internet for answers, yet no solution has worked for me.

I've done everything from re-downloading, to manually symlink-ing, to changing users, to deleting receipts, to re-installation, to resetting preferences. And on the manual symlink-ing, I got this prompt when I launched Logic Pro:

"Logic Library" is the name of the last drive I had the Sound Library on. I have had that volume wiped since then. This has led me to think that there is some old preferences file that is buried in the system somewhere that I have to clear.

In conclusion, I have 2 questions to ask:

1. How can I revert this problem that I've gotten myself into? (if even possible)
  2. Is there a preferences parameter or file that remembers the last place the Sound Library was located and where can I find it?

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:04 PM

My issue got resolved! The answer: it was one of those "it'll fix itself" bugs. I don't know what macOS did.

Similar questions

1 reply

Logic Pro Sound Library Missing/Cannot be Relocated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.