Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Album

I have just recently created a smart album with a rule Album/is not/any which showed me 8000 plus pics that were not in any albums.

I started created albums etc and moving pics from the smart album into the named albums.

As I moved each block of pics, they automatically disappeared from my smart album. I got down to 4000+ pics BUT.......

Unfortunately, I inadvertently (and I have no idea how) moved the entire unorganised smart album into an album.

I recreated a smart album and moved the 4000 pics from the album to the smart album.

This was obviously my mistake as now when I try to move those photos from the new smart album into new albums, the pictures do not disappear but duplicate.

CAN anybody help with this?

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 5:50 PM

Hi

if I understand the issue correctly there is two possible solutions.

First one is to move the original smart album out from where it is into the main album list (drag & drop)

or probably easier to just delete the smart album/s totally and then remake.

you won’t delete any photos as this just an organisation tool.

those you have already put in albums will still be where you put them. Those you hadn’t will reappear in the new smart album.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 5:50 PM in response to tarynfromauckland

Hi

if I understand the issue correctly there is two possible solutions.

First one is to move the original smart album out from where it is into the main album list (drag & drop)

or probably easier to just delete the smart album/s totally and then remake.

you won’t delete any photos as this just an organisation tool.

those you have already put in albums will still be where you put them. Those you hadn’t will reappear in the new smart album.

Smart Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.