Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have I been blocked on iMessage?

A contact I usually iMessage and FaceTime with no trouble, has stopped working. iMessages are immediately being sent as text messages to their phone. The text box when trying to iMessage this contact has a green arrow in it instead of the little microphone as it usually does. Also when in FaceTime app under their name there is no option to FaceTime them. But under contact there is a FaceTime option. I did try to ring it but I hung up before giving it a chance to ring for an extended time. I know I can call or text them to check if I have been blocked but would rather not.

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 1:23 PM

There's really no way to tell if you've been blocked. The person you're trying to contact could have signed out of iMessage/Facetme for some reason (e.g. they got a new, non-iPhone) or it could mean they do not have an active data connection.

2 replies

Have I been blocked on iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.