Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music won’t load

Apple Music won’t load on my iMac! The “for you” “browse” and “radio” tabs at the top will not load. I just get the spinning loading logo and it never loads! Running OS El Capitan 10.11.6 iTunes version 12.8.2.3. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 11:17 PM

I've had this issue for weeks and thought it was because I hadn't done an update. Now running iTunes 12.8.2.3 and El Capitan 10.11.6. Stuck like everyone else. It works from my iPhone and if I change a playlist on my phone, it changes in iTunes. No access to search other music, browse, or anything else. So frustrating.

48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2019 11:17 PM in response to Jayxtee33

I've had this issue for weeks and thought it was because I hadn't done an update. Now running iTunes 12.8.2.3 and El Capitan 10.11.6. Stuck like everyone else. It works from my iPhone and if I change a playlist on my phone, it changes in iTunes. No access to search other music, browse, or anything else. So frustrating.

Aug 26, 2019 5:31 PM in response to dvlee

I truly believe this issue is not with the version on iTunes you are using. The issue is on their side. I have tried it on several Macs. My Mac is as on the latest versions and I have the issue. Have tried on other Macs and it's the same issue. It seems to be tied into the Apple Music account. You could try making another user on your Mac then log into that user. Try connecting iTunes into your Apple Music account. This would eliminate it being something in your user folder.

Apple was helping me and had all these steps to try. Did all of them and still not fixed. I haven't heard anything in a week now. I think they do not have an answer.

So, I believe if you went and go the newest Mac/iTunes you would still have the issue until they do something to fix it.

Sep 16, 2019 5:22 PM in response to Julooxx

I went a head an installed the latest Mac OS 10.15 Public Beta. It has the new Apple Music App that replaces iTunes. Thought maybe it would help. Unfortunately, same issue. When I look at any Apple Music made playlist I get the dreaded spinning icon.

Also, have reached out to apple support and they have not been able to find a resolution. It's been overt a month now. At this point, I feel they can't figure out what the problem is.

So, the new version doesn't look to be a fix. At least not for me.

Sep 18, 2019 2:48 PM in response to allergysufferer

I'm having the same issue with iTunes 12.8.2.3 on 10.11.6.

After speaking with Apple support, they acknowledged the problem is on their end and that engineering is aware and working on a solution.

Since this also affects more than just those of us on older versions of the OS, I hope this means we'll be getting a fix sooner.

My speculation is that something related to changes for macOS Catalina and/or iOS 13 made its way into production and triggers the problem we're seeing and perhaps the release of those OSes later this week will allow Apple to address the problem. *fingers crossed*

Sep 18, 2019 8:46 PM in response to niftyneato

Sorry thought I posted on this thread too:

This supports niftyneato's report...On September 7, "Just spent nearly 3 hours on phone with Apple support, all seven of the people I talked to were very nice. Shared my screen with a Sr. Advisor of Mac Development who looked into to my systems inside and out...everything checked out. Upshot she took screen shots of the spinning icons on: For You, Browser and Radio to send to the engineers. Clearly acknowledging on apple side issue, maybe something to do with the Music account security.... it can take up to five days for the engineers to review and address. Maybe we made some progress today but who knows stay tuned... ". Obviously we are all still waiting...but we can get new iPhones while we wait....thanks all.

Sep 19, 2019 4:24 AM in response to camchurch

It's so strange - on MacPro 3,1 (Early2008) El Capitan & iT 12.8.2.3 my account works but content of For You, Radio and Browse doesn't load.

On my iPhone it works, on my iPad it works.

And: on my MacBookPro (2011) High Sierra & iT 12.8.2.3 it normally works! Why Apple, why?

I think about turn from iTunes to Spotify and pay them not you. You sold me blank page for long time!

Sep 19, 2019 8:39 AM in response to Jayxtee33

What's frustrating is I do like Apple Music. The fact that they can't fix this is troubling. I don't think its because Apple doesn't care but if that's not the case then why can't they fix this? It been going on a couple of months now for me that I can't see Apple Music playlists on my computer ( I still use a computer). It may not be a major thing but at some point you would think it could be fixed.

Sep 20, 2019 10:44 AM in response to Jayxtee33

I have been having this problem for the past couple of months. I am running El Capitan 10.11.6 and iTunes 12.8.2.3. Although my subscription works on my iPhone, I need it to run on my iMac. I hope this is not some ploy from Apple to get me to purchase a new computer and shutting me out. I am paying for their service and Apple is not fulfilling the needs of their customers. If nothing gets resolved soon, I am going to have to cancel my family subscription!

Apple Music won’t load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.