Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my all regions dvd won't play

I am running Mojave 10.14 on a Macbook Pro and am using a LG Slim portable DVD writer drive that I just bought in the US on Amazon. I am trying to play an all regions DVD and am getting the following error message: "You need to select the region for your DVD drive - The region assigned to this disc doesn't match the region assigned to the DVD drive - To play this disc, you must change the drive's region - you can only change the drive's region 5 more times" In the same Error message window it says that the drive's current region is 1. What is the problem - Why won't the DVD play and why am I getting this error message?

Thanks for any help!

Peace

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 9:13 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 14, 2019 8:54 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Thank you for your quick response - When I had the error message window up on the screen yesterday, there was no option to choose 0 - I have contacted LG - now the DVD is just spinning in the drive and it does not even open a window on the screen and does not show up in Finder - I did get it out by switching the USB port and ejecting manually - it seems like it's a bum drive from the start and is under warranty - The plan is that they are sending me a new drive and I send mine back - I have already spoken with 6 people and paid $44.99 for a $29 drive (that I'm told will be refunded), after they send me a new drive and I send them back the new non-working drive. I hope this happens with no guffaws... Thanks again!

my all regions dvd won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.