Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not recognising my iPhone - error OxE800000A

Hello,

I am using the latest version of Windows 10. I have tried all the options that are suggested for overcoming this error:

Restarted the iPhone and the computer

Tried all 3 USB ports with 2 different cables and nothing else connected.   

Checked the device manager searching manually and automatically - it says Apple iphone has best driver, however neither the usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf are installed.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes several times using Microsoft Store but it does not install the Apple Mobile Device Service.

The iPhone is recognised on another computer so the phone is not at fault.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Many thanks

Alfonso

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 10:01 AM

You can find direct download links for recent versions at the bottom of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. You can also get it from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ if you scroll down and click the "Looking for other versions" link, and then scroll up again. (Not entirely obvious.)

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2019 10:01 AM in response to alfonsofe

You can find direct download links for recent versions at the bottom of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. You can also get it from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ if you scroll down and click the "Looking for other versions" link, and then scroll up again. (Not entirely obvious.)

tt2

Aug 16, 2019 6:38 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you TT2 for responding to me. The USB device is recognised (as an MTP USB device) but I have no Mobile Device Support on my computer so cannot get any further.

If I switch to an iTunes64Setup.exe installer - where would be the safest place for me to download it from? I see there is advice to delete this file in some instances, so I am very wary of using it. I was always advised to use the Microsoft Store but I presume I won't find it there.

Aug 16, 2019 11:53 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi TT2 - you are a genius! I wish I had asked the community sooner. It was downloading the iTunes64Setup.exe installer that did the trick. It has taken me a year to resolve this. I just used someone else's computer to do my backups and didn't get too stressed about not being able to sync, so didn't spend much time trying. But it is a relief to be able to do it all now.

Thank you again.

Alfonso

iTunes not recognising my iPhone - error OxE800000A

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.