Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reset keychain pw

I am trying to install a VPN on my MacBook and it requires my keychain pw. Of course not having used it in a long time I cannot recall what it is. Is there a way to reset the keychain pw or recover the existing one? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 9:26 AM

Greetings keyPW,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're curious how to reset your Keychain password on your MacBook.

The "If you don't know your old password" section of the following support article suggests to create a new keychain if you can't recall your Keychain password: If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password - Apple Support

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 9:26 AM in response to keyPW

Greetings keyPW,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're curious how to reset your Keychain password on your MacBook.

The "If you don't know your old password" section of the following support article suggests to create a new keychain if you can't recall your Keychain password: If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password - Apple Support

Cheers.

reset keychain pw

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.