Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone music plays, then pauses, when I plug it into my car's USB

When I turn on my car and plug my iPhone XS into the USB port, the music I was previously listening to immediately starts playing on the car speakers, which is what I want. However, about 60-90 seconds later, the music pauses itself. Any idea why and how I can make it keep playing? Thanks!

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 5:16 PM

That has to do with how the vehicle deals with the connection of the phone to the car. If it automatically starts playing music when you connect the phone or start the car, that is not the normal behavior. It should not start automatically. It is supposed to wait for connection and then begin. Do you have Bluetooth in the car, or does it only work when connected with a USB cable?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2019 5:16 PM in response to tiffanymck

That has to do with how the vehicle deals with the connection of the phone to the car. If it automatically starts playing music when you connect the phone or start the car, that is not the normal behavior. It should not start automatically. It is supposed to wait for connection and then begin. Do you have Bluetooth in the car, or does it only work when connected with a USB cable?

iPhone music plays, then pauses, when I plug it into my car's USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.