Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Apple Music on a different device on the same apple account

I have 2 phones with the same Apple ID but when I try and listen to Apple Music it says something abt transferring once every 90 days and Idk what that means someone help me

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 8:35 AM

You can have Apple Music on up to 10 devices with your Apple ID, but use one at a time.

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

There can be an issue if a device is registered to different Apple IDs too rapidly. Even if that was by a previous user. You are not supposed to change accounts all the time on a device.

About associated devices - Apple Support (last paragraph:)

“When you try to associate another Apple ID with a device that was already associated, you might see a message that says, "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days." Depending on when you associated your device with your Apple ID, you might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with another Apple ID.”

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2019 8:35 AM in response to Joshdavies673

You can have Apple Music on up to 10 devices with your Apple ID, but use one at a time.

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

There can be an issue if a device is registered to different Apple IDs too rapidly. Even if that was by a previous user. You are not supposed to change accounts all the time on a device.

About associated devices - Apple Support (last paragraph:)

“When you try to associate another Apple ID with a device that was already associated, you might see a message that says, "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days." Depending on when you associated your device with your Apple ID, you might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with another Apple ID.”

Can I use Apple Music on a different device on the same apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.