Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5.4 on iMac, no update showing

I have Motion 5.4.3 on my MacBook Air, and 5.4 on my iMac. When I check for updates for Motion on my iMac, it says I am up to date. That seems incorrect. How do I get the App Store, or Software Update to see that 5.4 is not the current version, so it will allow me to update?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 5:20 PM

Hi

I've had this before. Just uninstall on the MacBook Air and reinstall from the App Store- then you will get the latest version installed. Be sure to back up anything specific you have in your MacBook Air libraries first - shapes, favourites etc.

While we are talking about MacBook Air - I'm curious about the performance of Motion on that system - may I ask you how well motion runs on the air? I'm thinking of picking up an Air to travel with and I'd want it just for light Motion work on the move.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2019 5:20 PM in response to Lost In The Jungle

Hi

I've had this before. Just uninstall on the MacBook Air and reinstall from the App Store- then you will get the latest version installed. Be sure to back up anything specific you have in your MacBook Air libraries first - shapes, favourites etc.

While we are talking about MacBook Air - I'm curious about the performance of Motion on that system - may I ask you how well motion runs on the air? I'm thinking of picking up an Air to travel with and I'd want it just for light Motion work on the move.

Motion 5.4 on iMac, no update showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.