Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to Motion 5.4.6 from Motion 5.4.4

As usual, I thought, a couple of days I updated to FCP 10.4.9, Compressor 4.4.7, and Motion 5.4.6. But my Motion is still 5.4.4. Why did I miss 5.4.5.? I looked through Apple.com for the Motion5.4.5 update, but I did not find it. Any help? (MacMini 6,2 - OS 10.14.6. By choice, I won't update to Catalina).

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 5:49 AM

When an update doesn’t show or fails to go through, the standard workaround is always the same: make a backup of thd application (zipping it works), delete the application and download from the App Store.

5 replies

Aug 28, 2020 1:44 PM in response to hauffen

That's happened to me. What I did was Move my current copy to an external drive and when I updated Motion from the App Store, it installed the update on the external copy.

If this is similar to what happened to you:

Right click on the copy in your Applications folder and Compress "Motion". You can move the zipped copy off your hard drive.

Delete the external copy.

Go to the App Store, the upgrade should show up again - go ahead and overwrite the Applications folder copy.

HTH

Aug 28, 2020 4:58 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hello, Tom!

I can't tell why I missed Motion 5.4.5 either, when I updated my FCP apps in Dec. But I still have 5.4.4 from the previous update. I located Motion 5.4.6 on the App Store. But it just won't update/download it on my MacMini (6.2 OS 10.14.6). Strangely, my updates went well on my MacBook Pro, also with Mojave 10.14.6. I thought that having Motion 5.4.5 was required for updating to 5.4.6.

I guess I should try fox_m's suggestion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.