Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant log into apple tv app samsung tv

I can’t seem to be able to log into Apple TV app for Samsung TV. I have performed every troubleshooting task I can think of:

Reset app

logged out (cant log back in)

updated tv

reinstalled app

hard booted tv

Its as if the Apple TV app can’t connect with Apple.

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 1:00 AM

I've had exactly the same issue on a brand new Samsung The Frame TV. I just got off a call with Applecare, and we were unable to resolve the issue.

I found that I could go to the Samsung App Store settings, go to the Apple TV app and select the Reinstall option, which would then allow me to go back into the App and try to sign in again, only I would have the same result -- an endless spinning wheel which would last for hours, with no success.

The strange thing is if you sign into appleid.apple.com and check for authorised devices, the Samsung TV appears immediately after you sign in on the app, despite the app forever spinning.

I signed out of the app this morning because since I've had the TV (for about a month now) I haven't been able to rent movies, although it would let me watch any content that I had already downloaded. I am regretting signing out this morning, because now the app doesn't work at all.

I will note too that the TV does not have any pending software updates.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2019 1:00 AM in response to rickatk

I've had exactly the same issue on a brand new Samsung The Frame TV. I just got off a call with Applecare, and we were unable to resolve the issue.

I found that I could go to the Samsung App Store settings, go to the Apple TV app and select the Reinstall option, which would then allow me to go back into the App and try to sign in again, only I would have the same result -- an endless spinning wheel which would last for hours, with no success.

The strange thing is if you sign into appleid.apple.com and check for authorised devices, the Samsung TV appears immediately after you sign in on the app, despite the app forever spinning.

I signed out of the app this morning because since I've had the TV (for about a month now) I haven't been able to rent movies, although it would let me watch any content that I had already downloaded. I am regretting signing out this morning, because now the app doesn't work at all.

I will note too that the TV does not have any pending software updates.

Aug 18, 2019 10:00 AM in response to J3ssic4

Same problems here. There is a newer update that doesn’t show in the updater window of the tv. You have to go to TV support, look for your model and download the updater file to a USB key then install to the tv. The procedure is easier than it sounds.

People are also reporting success with a tv factory reset. Not for me ...no luck.

Aug 18, 2019 9:59 PM in response to rickatk

Do you know what version of the software that will update the TV to? I cold reset my TV (held the power button down for 5 seconds on the remote) and it prompted a new software update (even though I had automatic download switched on for all software updates). The TV is now on version 1312, and the issue still persists.

Aug 19, 2019 12:17 AM in response to J3ssic4

What has worked for me was to do a USB update. The files are located at Samsung just look for your model. There are instructions.

After the update I did a factory update.

settings>support>self diagnosis>reset

Don't run “start setup” which is a different path. It is not a factory reset albeit it does wipeout a lot of things.

cant log into apple tv app samsung tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.