Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Apple ID with a friend and all of my photos are gone!

So I had over 3,000 photos and videos. I shared my Apple ID with my friend who has a iPhone 6s. At first we were getting calls and texts from our contacts to eachother so we fixed that and haven’t had any issues. Well I go to check my photos and I only had 100 photos including some of hers from her gallery. None of them are on her phone or in recently deleted or shared albums. They’re simply gone. Can I get them back and how do I stop this? I also restarted my phone which didn’t work.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 10:12 AM

If she deleted your photos to save space it also deleted them from iCloud and from your iPhone. This is why you don't ever share an Apple ID (actually just one of many good reasons).

You can log into iCloud on your computer and see if they are still there. If they aren't you can try to restore them from your backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2019 10:12 AM in response to Bianca_m35

If she deleted your photos to save space it also deleted them from iCloud and from your iPhone. This is why you don't ever share an Apple ID (actually just one of many good reasons).

You can log into iCloud on your computer and see if they are still there. If they aren't you can try to restore them from your backup.

Shared Apple ID with a friend and all of my photos are gone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.