Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tags and tagging...

I deleted the pre-named tags (eg. blue, green,red) from my tags list as I wanted specific ones.

Now when I right click a selection of files to bulk edit the 'add tag' option is gone.

I've found another way (although much less convenient way of doing this, but is it possible to regain the 'right click' option?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 12:20 PM

In Finder Preference : Tags, just add the original System tag names and matching colors back. Click the globe to the left of the name and it will present a down-arrow so you can set the specific color to the name from the pop-up panel of colors. Also ensure that the checkbox on the right-side of the colors is selected for these System tag colors.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2019 12:20 PM in response to Checcles

In Finder Preference : Tags, just add the original System tag names and matching colors back. Click the globe to the left of the name and it will present a down-arrow so you can set the specific color to the name from the pop-up panel of colors. Also ensure that the checkbox on the right-side of the colors is selected for these System tag colors.

Tags and tagging...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.