Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not connecting with iPhone X

Hi

My newer MBP is in the shop. I'm trying to use Airdrop to transfer files from my old 2010 MBP (running Yosemite 10.10.5) to my iPhone X (2017).

I've connected both via Bluetooth which makes it strange the MBP seems oblivious to the iPhone when i try to send some pics to it, just putting up a message, "To share with someone using a mac, ask them to go to Airdrop in the Finder."

Any ideas? Or is there an alternative to pass images?

Neither Photos nor Image Capture are functional either, btw.

best

elmer

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 10:50 AM

That computer is too old to Airdrop to a device. See the system requirements at the end of the article.

Airdrop Basics 

What happens when you try to use Image Capture?

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 18, 2019 1:33 PM in response to elmerlang

Wow! I'd tried Image Capture before, no result. This time it connected with the IPhone and I downloaded some 4K/30fps clips.

they played tho stuttering a bit. And an 1080p clip I just transferred played fine.

Woohoo. Thank you very much!

I just transferred a clip from the MoviePro app to my "camera roll", i.e. Photos. but it doesn't show up in Image Capture.

Any ideas for that?

If not, I've still come quite a ways, and tho I usually shoot with the more flelxible apps, I can make do for 7-10 business days till I get my newer MBP back.

I appreciate all the help you and some others on other issues have provided. Cheers! (Tho I'll probably be back posting more questions.)

Airdrop not connecting with iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.