Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover deleted music albums

A while back, I purchased an album in iTunes.

Today, in the Music app, I chose “delete from library” accidentally instead of “remove downloads.” The album isn’t even in “Purchased Music” any more.

If I go to the iTunes Store and find the album, it wants me to pay for it again.

Is there any way to get my album back?

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 4:15 PM

3 replies

Aug 17, 2019 4:58 PM in response to CrockAlley1

I am not sure how you say deleted "Accidentally". Because it will seek your permission before deleting and inform you that it will be removed from all devices (See the pic below)

Now that you need to Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App ... and are not available, indicates the you have changed your Country / Region on your iPhone.

Aug 17, 2019 6:42 PM in response to CrockAlley1

I’m happy to help you understand how I “‘accidentally‘“ deleted an album. When I tap “Delete from Library” from within the album, there is no additional “are you sure” dialog box. It just goes away instantly.

As for changing country/region, that doesn’t seem to be what’s happening. Other albums I purchased at the same time still display as “purchased” in iTunes. When I delete from Music, it also disappears from “purchased” in iTunes.

recover deleted music albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.