Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie not importing media

I'm working on a video in iMovie and am trying to import .MOV, mp3, and mp4 files to edit. I can click on the file in the import folder, click "import selected", but then it does not show up in "my media". I know these files are supported by iMovie because I have uploaded them before, so I'm not sure why it's not working now.

Is this a bug that needs to be fixed, or am I doing something wrong?

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 6:48 AM

It doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong. Sometimes a corrupt preference can disrupt imports. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can import.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2019 6:48 AM in response to maggiefromlemont

It doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong. Sometimes a corrupt preference can disrupt imports. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can import.

-- Rich

iMovie not importing media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.