Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV (2nd gen) can't login after activating two factor authentication

Since purchasing the iPhone XS and turning on two factor authentication I can no longer access my purchased movies/TVs on my Apple TV. It loops. I put in my Apple ID user name, password, then the code, and then it just goes back to putting in my Apple ID again.

I 100% have my ID and password correct.

I have tried hitting OK on my phone before I submit the code on the Apple TV as suggested online but that doesn't work either.

I can't turn off two factor authentication in my Apple ID screen on a desktop or mobile device, it doesn't give me the option.

Does anyone have a solution or work around? I'm pretty frustrated at this point!

Thanks so much xoxo

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 7:30 PM

That means it’s not going through. If you are attempting to enter the password and code together then you can easily exceed the limit. Make sure to enter the password, then request the code, and then add it to the password

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple TV (2nd gen) can't login after activating two factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.